Thursday, August 20, 2009

NO END IN SITE!

Well, we got close to having the house finished! Then we had a surprise...the tile grout is cracking throughout the house. The tile has been a huge problem from the start. We had decided to "settle" for poor workmanship and chalk it up to where we live! This problem, however, can't be ignored. The store where the grout was purchased is having tests run in California to see if the grout itself was defective. This would be the easiest fix though it will create an awful mess. The supplier of the underlayment (some new stuff that is supposed to be great) will be here tomorrow to take out some tiles to see if it was laid properly or if the underlayment was defective. If the installer didn't use the proper thinset, we have two choices. We can sue the installer (if he has no $$ it won't do any good), or pay to have the tile torn out and replaced throughout the house. Needless to say, we are a bit stressed. The thought of going to court is about as bad as the mess the re-do will make. A guy that has been involved in the construction of the house asked me today if we go to church. I said I was afraid if I did, the walls would cave in at the church. So I continue to pray at home that we will live to see this money pit completed. All prayers will be appreciated!!

No comments: