Tuesday, August 11, 2009

COWS, COWS, AND MORE COWS!

KADE'S FIRST COW SALE
We sold our 2008 calves recently. I was insulted because I thought they should sell for more since they were so cute. Actually, we did okay. We turned around the next weekend and bought 2 more bred cows with calves. I finally talked Mike into a white-faced cow. We actually had $4 left after the sale! Wow! We fooled ourselves into thinking that they would stay in isolation in the horse pasture. Saturday night we had to run a calf back in. So this August is no different than most...we had to add fencing in the August heat. Mike has always chosen July or August for fence building so I don't know why I'm not used to it. Now our other cows are starting to have their calves. Good thing I learned so much about cows from an expert in Texas! Haha!

No comments: