Sunday, June 26, 2011

WHO SAYS TURTLES CAN'T MOVE FAST?



Every year about this time, land turtles are everywhere!  The day before, we had caught one.  Kade took it to his house and Mom and Dad finally convinced him to turn it loose in the flower bed.  (I caught him a toad and they had to sleep with it a couple of nights...in a toad box.)  We were on our way to the barn and this turtle was crossing the road.  I caught him and took him to Kade at the barn.  He thought it was the same one so who was I to tell him it wasn't?  Maybe it was...they all look alike!  Anyway, he spent at least an hour trying to get the turtle not to run away.  Every chance the little guy got, he scurried off toward the woods!  We finally put him in Mimi's flower bed.  Haven't seen him since.  Hmmm!  Cute pictures,  though!

No comments: