Well, this has been a BIG project! I would like to say we did it ourselves but we wouldn't live long enough to finish this one! After pondering for a couple of years about a retaining wall in front of the house, we finally chose to use natural field stone. All natural! The guys that did this got a permit from the government and harvested all the stone for the wall in the national forest. They hauled and hauled and hauled. Three guys! They loaded it, unloaded it then stacked it! Fortunately they had a little tolerable weather but toward the end of the project they were draggin'! I had intended to have them leave little planting areas for me to put fern, etc. and make it really "Southern Living". Then I thought about the snakes and scorpions and how much they will enjoy all this rock and the heart attack I would have when I had my first encounter with one...they rocked in the holes! To "Mr. Fence" (Vince; Kade called him Mr. Fence) and the guys...thanks for a job well done! Super guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment