Thursday, March 19, 2009

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE!

Well, we may start moving in the money pit late next week. There are a few (ha!) things that won't be finished but this can't drag out any longer. We've decided to finish some things ourselves. Sad isn't it to spend so much and still have to do "stuff" yourselves. The floors will be finished tomorrow except for the little problem with the tile. Did I say little?! The tile and grout distributors are sending reps out to check the grout. It seems the tile layer may have mixed the grout wrong in which case the entire house will have to be redone. Imagine that! Also the master shower may have to be demolished and rebuilt. Just another little mistake from the tile guy. Oh yes, we do have an attorney! Since anyone reading this knows me, would you expect things to have gone differently? I think the hardwood floors are okay but they are covered with cardboard. I wonder what surprises are in store when we remove the cardboard. Whatever! I'm ready for a life. I want to take care of my horses, make a trip to Texas to see my kids there and I want to sit in my new porch rocker with Mike and watch the ticks, snakes, deer and squirrels. Hmm...are real estate prices down in Texas????

No comments: