Sunday, March 1, 2009

AS IF WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH PROJECTS!

After a really bad day with sub-contractors, I went to bed early. Kara woke me to tell me Tanner (the cat) had killed a baby squirrel and put it at the back door. (I'm sure Tanner was really proud of his prey since we declawed him and he can't be a real outdoor cat!) Anyway, I told her "okay" and went back to sleep only to be disturbed again to tell me it was squeaking and not dead. Again I replied "okay" and went back to sleep. The next morning Kara told me the squirrel was in a shoe box in her tub upstairs and would I please call "Ellie Mae" (as in Beverly Hillbillies). "Ellie Mae" is the girl that kept the barn for me for two years. (Sorry, Kristen, she is really an "Ellie Mae"!) Her real name is Michelle and she will honestly try to save any critter she comes across. We've supplied her with baby rabbits, stray dogs, etc. and call her anytime there is a snake we think MIGHT be friendly. She has snakes, deer, raccoons etc. Long story short, she has the squirrel and he's doing fine so far. Ahhh! Mountain life!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am so proud of Kara :)) I would have done the same thing. all God's creatures deserve to be taken care of :))))