Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I MAY NOT SURVIVE!

My New Year's resolution was to not let this house kill me. That one's going about like every other resolution I've made! We were expecting to be in by the end of February. Ain't happening! The guy that installed the fireplace didn't follow the instructions. When we built a fire the concrete block and the stone cracked. We had to have it knocked out and redone. I hired a different stone layer (needless to say) who was supposed to start this morning. He called and quit. So I went to the Dollar Store and stocked up on chocolate! I'm not posting any pictures since not much has changed. I do have some new photos of my precious grandchildren that I will post later. Kade fell down the stairs this weekend and his dad fell trying to get to him. Kade is fine...a little bruise on the corner of his eye. Kenneth is on crutches! Kara and I had an extremely weak moment this weekend and got two (not one) puppies. I know! What was I thinking. They were so cute (1/2 Australian Shepherd / 1/2 red heeler). And of course we need a cow dog (or two) for our mini herd. Ha! Anyway, the people giving them away had obviously just wormed them as they filled the kennel up on the way home. Talk about two people regretting getting puppies. Kara stood gagging while I turned green cleaning it up. They are cute though. Once I got the nerve to call Mike and tell him what I did, boy was I surprised! He had just spoken for a puppy for me the same day. A Great Pyrenees! He has been wanting one and they are great dogs...just really big and very hairy. So the farm is growing. The neighbor's four ducks have moved to our pond. Kade loves feeding them so we are hoping the critters don't get them. We lost a wonderful friend to cancer this week...Ellen Beck (Kara's high school volleyball coach). She was a great lady and made such a difference in so many young girl's lives. I know her legacy will live on in every life she touched. We are all so thankful to have known her. I hope everyone's new year is going well. I will post pictures later. P.S. I had lunch with a girlfriend from high school that I haven't seen or talked to since 1968. She has a farm near here. I really enjoyed the day. Also tracked down a couple of others in the area. Ruth and LeAnn I loved visiting with you. Hope we can get together soon!

No comments: