Saturday, February 12, 2011

FROZEN PIGGIES!

For those of you who didn't know, we had 9 inches of snow on Wednesday! What a sight! We woke up to snow & it continued until mid-afternoon. After discovering the only means of transportation we might have would be the 4-wheel drive tractor (we didn't need 4-wheel drive in the city), Kade, Kara & I strolled to the barn to try it out. So...they rode in the bucket of the front end loader while I drove. A sight for the neighbors, I'm sure. We spent most of the afternoon playing in the snow. Kade was wearing rubber boots with two pairs of socks but that wasn't quite enough to keep his piggies from getting cold. We had to go in the barn to thaw them out. He was very upset as you can see. (The lips are blue from a sucker, not the cold! We aren't that cruel! Oh, & the hair was from his Elmo cap he had been wearing.) If you've ever worn rubber boots in extremely cold weather, you can sympathize. (Notice at the end he says "that's serious!")

No comments: