Wednesday, September 22, 2010

WE'RE STILL HERE!

Haven't blogged in quite a while. Everything is pretty much the same. We never got very far with getting the tile re-grouted. We hired a lawyer, spent a large sum of money, then decided it was way too stressful! So the attorney did NOTHING but made some $$$. Things seem to just go that way for us. We'll tackle that problem next year. Ha! We're still working on the large drop-off in front of the house. We had another set of steps put in. Now we have to have some rock work done and then start the retaining wall. That will be a HUGE job. We've been working a little on Kara's house. Not enough days in the weekend! This was the hottest, most humid summer I can remember. Thought we would die! Huge oaks & pines started dying. Was getting really serious...no rain at our house for a couple of months. Once we did get rain, the ticks and flies came out in full force! Yuk! Beau spent the entire summer on the side porch in front of a fan (with his cat). Kade is quite the character! Never sees a stranger which scares me to death! We pass people in the store and he says "hey, how ya doin'". His vocabulary is remarkable. The things he comes up with keep me in stitches. As soon as school started back, I started potty training...took 1-1/2 weeks. Completely potty trained...even wakes up in the night to tell his parents he needs to go. He's still crazy about trains. Great at putting puzzles together. Loves frogs, turtles, worms, the cows, dinosaurs and of course Beau. Calls him his "best friend Beau". He watches a PBS show called "Dinosaur Train". (Imagine that!) One of the little dinosaurs has a collection of rocks, teeth, shells, etc. So now Kade has a "collection". Never leaves home without it...sleeps with it. In an effort to fit in again, we have taught him to call the Hogs. He has his own spin to it..."pigs, where are you? woo pig, woo suzy". Personally I like it better. When Mike and I take him to town, people come up and say "hey Kade". I guess once you have kids and grandkids you never have your own identity! They get the suckers out at the feed store when they see him coming in the door. The worst place to take him is Tractor Supply. Mike has threatened not to shop there if they don't move the toys from the front of the store! Watering the cat. This cat has to love us!
Funny face! Cross face. (Probably the only kid who says he's "cross". (Thomas the Train)
Mike & Kenneth pouring concrete.
"The Collection"
Cassidy is on the drill team. Can't believe she's going to be 16! Where did that time go?! Mike will be performing on the field at half time with her next week. Needless to say, I've booked my flight! Cameras are ready! Can't wait. He's a little concerned about what he will have to do. (I know but I'm not tellin'!)

No comments: