A LITTLE GOOD NEWS!
We found a rock layer!! A really talented guy. After the first "ya-hoo" we were about ready to give up. He had installed the fireplace wrong so when we started a fire, it split the stone as well as the block. I was a bit relieved, though, because we had a justifiable excuse for tearing it down and starting over. Someone in Dallas gave us the info and we called this guy. He's young but very good. Also, a guy was at the house working on re-doing the bathroom after another mess-up and he asked did I want a better mantle. He had a cedar tree he had cut last year that he thought would make a really nice mantle. So, over the week-end he made this one and put it up. It has plastic on it so you can't tell much but it is really nice! I know this doesn't seem like much but, trust me, if anything good happens we get very excited! (I was hoping I had left my bad luck behind but, no, it followed me here. Ha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment