We had our first calf September 19th. We noticed that our #1 cow (we #'d them since they are all black) was a bit thinner than the day before so Mike and I set out in the golf cart to see if we could find a calf. Kenneth's comment as we were leaving the house was, "At least you know you're looking for something black!" Well, not so! We went up on the hillside in the back pasture and watched the mom go get the baby out of the waist-tall grass. It was RED. As it turns out, the mom was out of the only red Saler cow the guy had that we bought heifers from. The calf is so cute! A little girl! We have since had a little bull calf (black) and last night we had another black one. For those of you (you know who you are!) that were a bit skeptical about me having cows...so far so good! I haven't had to pull one yet! Ha! It ain't happenin'! And, I'm getting pretty good at predicting who will have a calf next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dad will be so proud that you are doing so well in the cattle business.
Kade is getting so big!! Sorry about the business with the house. I'm guessing you don't want Ross' job?
Post a Comment