Tuesday, April 1, 2008

HOUSE SOLD!

Kara's house finally sold! They took a real hit but they figured it better to unload it now instead of taking a chance that the market will get worse. Mike will be moving closer to work in about two weeks...actually about 2-3 minutes from the office! That will make his life a lot easier! He was spending about 3 hours a day on the road. Now we get to move furniture from here to his apartment. The house construction here is not going well. We have not been able to find a builder that is reasonable! (The one we wanted to use was $140+/sf!) We have plans out with a couple of others so hopefully they will at least be in the ballpark! We have had SO much rain that they couldn't get in to clear the land anyway. I'm anxious but nervous because I know it will be difficult to communicate what I want and what they are used to building here. Much different from Texas! I'm sure Mike and I will be on the phone a LOT! Below is a picture of what the house is supposed to look like. We'll see. Cross your fingers for us!

2 comments:

Kim and Ross said...

I like the outside of the house! $140/sq ft!!!!!!!! Did he quote this because you want the walls covered in gold leaf??? Good luck finding a builder. Dad asked me how ya'll were doing. We were busy last week when ya'll were in town. Next time ya'll are in town I will track ya'll down and we will have lunch for sure!

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you were down here and didn't at least call!!! :o( LOL The grandkids are all adorable. I'll email you my #'s so you can call next time! Good luck on fining a contractor to build your house, I like the facade! Hey, I've got an ex, I can send you! ~~snicker~~ Karen

P.S. He really is a builder. And a good one.