Tuesday, March 4, 2008

WINTER WONDERLAND!

Well, you know what they say about the weather in Texas...two serious tornados in less than 2 months, Saturday it was in the 70's, Sunday we had a flood, and today 7-8 inches of snow! Arkansas can hold her own in the weather department. We're having a blast! Kids at heart! My favorite tale is of Kara's adventure. She wore "Crocs" with holes in them to come see the snow at the barn. We took the golf cart up the hill to see the view and got stuck. We tried digging out to no avail. We had to walk back to the barn (maybe 1/4 mi.) where I gave her my nice, warm boots. (Mother-of-the-year, maybe?) We then walked another 3/4 mi. to the house! That's what happens when you grow up in Texas! Ha! Here are the pictures! (Kenneth is out now trying to outdo the snowman Kara and I made!)
The creek on Sunday!
A LONG way home with holes in your shoes!

No, it's not a Texas snowball!

Kara at work!

"Vivicom Snowman"

1 comment:

Kim and Ross said...

Dad just called right before you posted these pictures and asked if I had heard from ya'll. He said I need to call Linda, I think they got a bunch of snow. I sent him your email and he loved the snow pics and got a big kick out of the "crocs" story. I hope Kara's feet warm up. You know they call us crazy Texans for a reason.